Thursday, April 13, 2006

OOOOOh Boy


What did I get myself into? OK, So I currently work as a nurse in postpartum and women's health. We also work along with nurses from labor and delivery. When I was first hired, I was supposed to go to L&D soon after I trained on postpartum. But, I ended up loving what I was doing and was too scared to make a change. So, I finally decided, that's it....I am going to L&D. So, I told my manager and she was so excited because their staffing has been dwindling and they are going to be really short this year. Well, today I worked 12 long hours and OMG. I swear every pregnant woman in this town delivered a baby today. I haven't even started L&D and now I'm scared b/c they got so slammed today. It'll be me over there next week! Yikes! Oh well, I think I can handle it. I'm just getting nervous and excited at the same time. Thank goodness that Denise my good friend decided to go with me! She's worked there for quite a while and I asked her after I was thinking of changing. Well, she was thinking she needed a change too so I got lucky!

I had so much fun last night. I made a couple baskets for Keara and Easton, my beloved niece and nephew. I also made some baskets for my mother in law and sister in law. I have yet to make my sister and mom's presents. I do have ideas though. I got the ideas for the baskets from Martha Stewart. In my MIL and SIL's baskets, I'm going to put my glycerine grass soap I made and a handpainted clay pot with a plant. I hope they like them!

No comments: