Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I LOVE Spring!!


Finally, Spring has arrived. Of course, this is Nebraska so anything could happen. Next week we could have a blizzard. The last few days have been over 80 degrees. I love it. Daniel doesn't. He's already hot! Boy, does he have a long summer ahead of him. My friend Lisa and I went to Kona last night for happy hour before we went scrapping at Archivers. It was great. Although we had to sit inside, (we normally sit outside when it's nice) they had the big door open around the bar so the warm air blew in. It was gorgeous outside. So, then we went to Archivers after 2 martinis. WEll, let me tell you that it's not the best idea drinking martinis then going to scrapbook. It just doesn't work so well. So, Lisa and I decided next time, we're going to scrap first then go to Kona for their reverse happy hour at 10pm! Great idea girls! :) Well, anywho, back to spring. I love being out in the warm sunshine and seeing all the new flowers start to develop. THis year, I only have tulip bulbs planted since we landscaped last fall. So, in order to make up for the lack of dafodils, crocus, hyacinth, I put them in a glass dish and am waiting for them to bloom... I also planted some seedlings. They are so cute! I planted beefsteak tomatoes, cilantro, basil, grape tomatoes, and orange peppers. Here's a pic after they started sprouting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i also love spring what a coincidence, we must be sole mates.