Saturday, October 25, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge











We spent a couple days in KC. We spent the first 2 days (one night) at the GWL. It was super fun. Daniel and I were like little kids taking turns on the big water slides. We decided to take Kian on one of the big ones, b/c a lifeguard said we could. So, we climb the million stairs and get to the top. We thought we could hold Kian, but no, he \had to sit in his own little hole. (it was a long intertube with 3 large holes, like a boat) He's only 18 months so I was thinking this was a little nuts. But, he sat on my legs outstretched under him. I held his little arms. So, we're off and OMG, it went so fast! Then, before long, we were in the DARK!!! It was crazy. I was screaming and Daniel kept asking to make sure I had a good hold of him. I'm pretty sure he could have bruises from how hard I was holding on to him. A lifeguard met us at the bottom and Kian came out waving to him! He loved it. The next time wasn't near so scary.




After GWL, we stayed in the plaza and did some shopping. We had a great little getaway, BUT learned it's not quite as relaxing as it once used to be. Kian hardly got any naps, and that made for a cranky little hyper toddler!

1 comment:

Teresa C said...

Yes, vacations take on new meanings don't they. Sounds like you had a pretty good time and that slide story will be a great family tale for the grandkids.